Saturday, June 27, 2009

Calming down...

I'm surprised at how uncomfortable my last blog made some people. Rest assured, it is not very often that I get on my soapbox like that, so no need to stop reading. I did want to clear the air that my last post was not intended to point fingers at anyone. I really was sharing something that I discovered in myself and our society throughout this process. I think, especially if it made you uncomfortable, we need to look at ourselves a little more objectively on these issues.

In any case, it is now 3 days until blast off (er...take off), and I can barely contain myself. I just want to be there NOW. I find myself resentful of the heat here, muttering things like "what is this about? It's not even this hot in Uganda right now". I mean, if I have to melt in heat like this, shouldn't I at least get to be in Africa? The Bay Area is just getting a little too big for it's britches right now, trying to be something it's not. Annoying.

Anyway, my plan is to try to write just about everyday in Uganda, but am still unsure about what our internet access will be. I hope that you will follow along with our journey and pass this blog along to others. Get ready for an adventure!

No comments: